Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spring Break pt. 2 Kiss for some tickets


We* were standing in the movie line to see S-u-p-e-r H-e-r-o, actually we really wanted to see Hor.ton. Hea.r.s a W.h.o but it started already. And inside the guy had a sign the said "Next In Line" and we stood there not really sure if we should leave the current line we were in having stood there so long but he started waving it inpatiently so we went inside to join his line.

*We is my cousins; K, J, D, their friend, G, and Roxy(me)

So I'm standing there in the line. My cousin D, who's a punk rocker (yes she's black) who loves to draw anime and is pretty outspoken although she'd deny it, is in front of me.

And I'm standing. Daydreaming kinda. Thinking about about how I must be smoking rocks because I just bought a J.uicy Coutu.re purse and I'm broke. My cousin and her friend were over there holding the bag pretending it was theirs. I thought about what my friends were doing back in the O, I thought about...him..

Then I see my cuz with tickets in her hand.
"Here you go, Here you go, Here you go, Here you go." She says as she passes them out.

It took me a second to realize what just happened.
"Wait a minute. Did you pay for these." I ask. ( high fiving him as we walked away)
"Nope."

"Ok, what did you say." my cuz J and I say at the same time.

"Nothing." She says.
We walk to the food court confused. I looked at the ticket thinking it would say a movie that was no longer in the theatre or something. Or maybe they were fake and we were about to be embarrassed.

"No you said something, we got free tickets."
"All I said was, " she begins. I open my ears to listen for future use of this occurence.

"9 dollars is a lot of money." my cousin says.
"And then..." I wait.

"That's it. He asked how many of us there was and he gave me the tickets." she says and laughs.

"Hmm." I say. "You better go back and give that boy a kiss. One of you. You know that's what he wanted right?"

When we came back. Somebody else was working the counter. Hmm. Maybe he just really didn't give a shit and was ready to go.

1 comment:

Desy said...

ummmm... what movie theatre was this again? and what did he look like? cause as much as i love the movie theatre i need a hook up like your cousin...


or does your cousin just have skills that i need lessons in... why didnt u get that trait? we coulda been doin free movies all along...lol