Monday, July 14, 2008

You know what's just....retarded. I'm in Jamaica right? (That's not the retarded part that's the awesome part) but I'm in this really really rural part of Jamaica called Rockhall look up that shi* on Google maps I don't even think you'll be able to see the houses here. But anyways...the internet connection isn't that great but I'm just damn greatful there is internet here because last time I was here there wasn't any.....(still not the retarded part...) But my Uncle who spent alot of time in NY is downloading THREE F*CKING MOVIES WITH THE WEAK CONNECTION so that's making everything slow. I don't understand y he doesn't wait till he takes his a** back to Florida to do this sh**....moving on.

I went to the city to hang out with my cousins and my cousins boyfriend who's a Reggae singer told me that lesbians and gays are taking over...I said yeah whatever don't believe it this is Jamaica . He said...yeah? yeah? you don't believe me. Come with us to Karyoke Sunday night and you'll see.

Sunday night comes. It's crowded...packed with cars of all kinds, BMWs, Lexus's, Hondas, Shitboxes....I walk in and it has the island bamboo vibes but the people are dressed in their casual sheek...trendy pants, button down tops on the guys, sexy tanks tight pants on the girls....The city style for you. And I'm standing there...listening to people sing American songs of all kinds and then...I'm looking around...for this Lesbian invasion they speak of. I see one woman dressed kind of boyish. But for the most part nothing above the norm.

So the night moves on I still don't see the lesbian invasion they speak of. Just the one butch looking woman. So as the night's winding down Dread asks me

"So, did you see her?"
I said, "See who?"
Dread says"The lesbian girl."
"Which one?" I say.
"The one in the black. She asked a woman for a drink and she said no." Referring to the woman I had mentioned earlier
"Her? That's what you call taking over??" He laughs and says it's kind of a slow night but the fact that she was even there got people talking.
I said "Wow, poor her. She looks desperate."
She asks a woman, who's man has stepped from her, if she wants a drink and she quickly declines. She soon gives up her search and retires for the night. As she walks out...lol..I feel kind of sorry for her. But would I let her buy me a drink? Fcuk no! Not in Jamaica. They haven't reached that level yet.

No comments: